Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Know You've Been Waiting...

As you all know, Kanye West and Lady Gaga will be doing a tour later on this year. The details are being ironed out but West has even said this, "She's talented and so incredible that she's not an opening act. We're doing it together, with no opening act." This statement is a shock to all because many thought that Lady Gaga would be just an opening act for Mr. West. Earlier this week the tour was labled as a "gay" tour because of Lady Gaga's fan base. Gaga was quoted saying, "I just want to be clear before we decide to do this together: I'm gay. My music gay. My show is gay. And I love that it's gay. And I love my gay fans and they're all going to be coming to our show. And it's going to remain gay."
Personally I can not wait to be perched in the audience to see these two perform on stage. This is a major career move for Lady Gaga. Do you know how many people would kill to go on tour with Kanye West. I also applaude both West and Gaga. Gaga for standing up for her gay fans as well as herself, and also standing up for her music. A lot of rap artist don't appreciate their peers in the pop genre. Even though a lot of the "kids" believe that Kanye West is gay, it has not proven so until proven I applaud him for not only going on a tour with a gay woman, but realizing an accepting that he will have a huge gay audience at all of his tour dates. I am so excited to see more from Kanye West and Lady Gaga becuase both of them are the future of music as well as fashion. And if you didn't know that, I'd advise you to "get in"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment